The buffet of activities at HCIBS includes academic and career talks, interest groups, arts and culture, local festive and cultural celebrations, community service initiatives, environmental awareness activities, social etiquette workshops, formal dinners, sporting competitions as well as leadership, teambuilding and experiential programs which cater to the personal, social and cultural development of each boarder.
Some of the past programmes include:
- Fire Safety Awareness / Fire Drill
- Boarders' Council Campaign
- Boarders' Council Investiture Formal Dinner
- Racial Harmony Day Dinner
- Singapore National Day Dinner
- Chinese New Year Celebration
- Eco-friendly Week
- Community Projects
- Workshops for PA, Photography and Videography
- Barbecue Gatherings
- Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration
- Movie Screenings
- Life Skills Workshop
It is HCIBS's policy to find a good balance between organised activities and leisure time for the boarders to rest, reflect and recreate after a busy week in school.